NAHC dues are based on membership categories. Professionals, cooperatives, and individuals can join directly, but are strongly encouraged to join through your local area’s regional NAHC Member Association. To join directly, simply download the NAHC membership application above and enclose with payment. NAHC does not prorate annual membership dues. Membership dues run on a calendar year, January 1 – December 31.
NAHC Membership Categories and Dues for Direct Membership
Housing Cooperative Member
There is a cap of $1,200.00 on dues for large cooperatives. As part of the annual NAHC membership, housing cooperatives receive all the member benefits listed in the membership packet.
$3.50 per unit + $30 base fee
This category includes professional individuals, professional firms, libraries, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies. Additional individuals within the same organization can be added for only $100.00 each. Each additional paid professional is listed separately in the NAHC Directory of Professional Members.
Add additional professional in the firm, + $100.00 each
Individual memberships are offered to non-professionals who have an interest in, seek to support or learn more about cooperative housing.
Membership in NAHC offers:
- Free Cooperative Healthy Savings Program Pharmacy Discount Cards;
- Discounts to training programs and to the annual conference. Visit the Member Benefits page for a detailed list of member benefits;
- Member discounts for annual conference attendance, networking with fellow cooperators, technical assistance, legislative representation, education, cooperative information, and much more for the housing cooperative community;
- Access to the NAHC online newsletter, the Cooperative Housing Quarterly;
- All members are eligible to vote at the Annual Meeting, to elect the board of directors, and to address other matters of concern to the association. Direct housing cooperatives members have one vote per household unit; NAHC Individual members have one vote; members joining through their chapter region agrees to have their Region vote on their behalf.
- Downloadable the Member Benefits Packet above for a detailed benefits list and visit our newly expanded Resources page for access to a sample of membership benefits available.