Registered Cooperative Manager (RCM) Program
Earn your certificate to become an RCM and take part in a program that’s setting the standards for professionals throughout the industry.
The RCM curriculum is open to cooperative property managers and to cooperative Board Members (education only), wishing to understand and gain further knowledge of cooperative management.
- History of Housing Cooperatives offers participants a perspective of cooperative housing that focuses on the underlying principles of cooperation and a history of modern cooperatives. The module covers the work of the Rochdale pioneers, considered the founders of the cooperative principles. This module examines significant government and non-government initiatives and their impact on the cooperative housing industry.
- The Business of Housing Cooperatives outlines the structure and business of housing cooperatives from their formation to management. A specific review of the cooperative’s corporate documents gives participants a perspective about factors, including governance, that influence the success of a cooperative.
- Ethical Practices for Cooperative Management reviews ethical considerations and requirements for an RCM and the Cooperative Board of Directors. A requirement of Recertification every three years.
Registration for the next in-person training will be during the 2024 NAHC annual conference in the Fall: Location TDB
- Full Course for New Participants: Monday – Tuesday, October 2023 | Fee: $700.00
- 1-Day Course for Recertification: Tuesday, October 2023 | Fee: $125.00
RCM Ethical Practices Re-certification is not yet available online. However, current RCM’s must sit for the Ethical Practices Recertification exam every three years. RCM annual membership dues must be paid for the current year and in good standing to be eligible to register online.