NAHC Membership Categories and Dues
NAHC dues are based on membership categories. Cooperatives, professionals and individuals can join directly, but are strongly encouraged to join through your local area’s regional NAHC Member Association. To join directly, simply download the NAHC membership application above and enclose with payment to NAHC.
NAHC does not prorate annual membership dues. Membership dues run on a calendar year, January 1 – December 31.
- Phone: (202) 737-0797
- Fax: (202) 216-9646
- Email: email@example.com
There is a cap of $1,200.00 on dues for large cooperatives. As part of the annual NAHC membership, housing cooperatives receive all the member benefits listed in the membership packet.
+$3.50 per unit
This category includes professional individuals, professional firms, libraries, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies. Additional individuals within the same organization can be added for only $100.00 each. Each additional paid professional is listed separately in the NAHC Directory of Professional Members.
Each additional professional in the firm add $100.00
Individual memberships are offered to non-professionals who have an interest in, seek to support or learn more about cooperative housing.
Membership in NAHC offers:
- Free Cooperative Healthy Savings Program Pharmacy Discount Cards;
- Discounts to training programs and to the annual conference. Visit the Member Benefits page for a detailed list of member benefits;
- Member discounts for annual conference attendance, networking with fellow cooperators, technical assistance, legislative representation, education, cooperative information, and much more for the housing cooperative community;
- Access to the NAHC online newsletter, the Cooperative Housing Bulletin;
- All members are eligible to vote at the Annual Meeting, to elect the board of directors, and to address other matters of concern to the association. Housing cooperatives have one vote per household. NAHC individual members have one vote;
- Visit the downloadable Member Benefits Packet above for a detailed benefits list and our Resources section of this site for access to a sample of resources.
NAHC’s mission is to support
and educate existing and
new cooperative housing
communities as the best and most economical form of homeownership.
Sign-up for NAHC Emails
Stay up to date on the latest news and developments in cooperative housing.