Who We Are:
The National Association of Housing Cooperatives is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit national federation of housing cooperatives, mutual housing associations, other resident-owned or controlled housing, professionals, organizations, and individuals interested in promoting the interests of cooperative housing communities. Incorporated in 1960, NAHC is the only national cooperative housing organization.
NAHC is supported and governed by its members. The membership is represented through a national board of directors, which guides the policy of the organization. At the annual business meeting, major issues are brought before the entire membership.
Our Members Include:
- Associations and federations of housing cooperatives organized around a special-interest and/or a geographic region (Member Associations)
- Individual housing cooperatives
- Organizations and professionals that provide services to housing cooperatives, such as attorneys, property management firms, nonprofit organizations, financial organizations, accountants, government agencies, and consultants
- Groups and individuals that develop housing cooperatives
- Registered Cooperative Managers (RCM)
- Other individuals and organizations interested in housing cooperatives
NAHC’s mission is to support
and educate existing and
new cooperative housing
communities as the best and most economical form of homeownership.
Sign-up for NAHC Emails
Stay up to date on the latest news and developments in cooperative housing.